Tuesday, February 12, 2008

TURN IT UP


Fresh from my jaunt to Trinidad Carnival '08, I have a mild tan, an extra 5 lbs and a backlog of emails and paperwork to tackle. Last week was sun-soaked and filled with family, food and fun! Of course I missed Super Bowl mayhem, 60 degree NY weather in February! and the Grammy's but who cares, I spent my week either paint splashed or at the beach. Family matters kept me from "playing mas" this year but I managed to snap some pics of the action from the sidelines:



Although my stay was much too short, I had such a good time that I can't wait for my 2nd Carnival experience in St. Maarten this April. What is it about sweet, sweet St. Maarten? Besides the soft, white sands and the undeniable character of the island, it hosts one (I said one!) of the liveliest and coordinated Carnival celebrations in the Caribbean. This year, Carnival begins on April 17th and the party doesn’t stop until May 3rd. That’s 18 days of perpetual partying, imbibing and celebrations!

As an avid Carnival enthusiast, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to mingle with New York’s finest at the Good Life Festival, feed my mind and spirit all while I’m JAMMIN UP, JAMMIN UP, JAMMIN UP! For my fellow Carnival chasers, St. Maarten's Jouvert Jam draws thousands of revelers "jumpin-up" well into the morning around the Salt Pond. And if Carnival isn't your thing, you can enjoy everything from workshops to beach parties with the distinct flair that only the JI Group can deliver.

The only thing that gets me through 19 degree New York weather is dreaming about heavy knits and tropical bliss. So, what will you need? Well first, book your trip, then check back here to find beauty must-haves, fitness tips, fashion ideas, contests, give-aways, guest bloggers and so much more.

CARNIVAL COMING!!! Well not just yet, but The Good Life is just a click away...

v.kathryn

No comments:

Disclaimer

All images on goodlifefest.blogspot.com are readily available on the Internet and believed to be in public domain.